Media Evidence Specialist
The Berkshire County District Attorney’s office is seeking applicants for the position of Media Evidence Specialist to provide effective visual support during trials and hearings. The primary responsibilities for this position include design, technical preparation, presentation, and maintenance of multimedia exhibits and other visual aids.
- Develop, implement, and present effective multimedia exhibits and illustrative aids to assist attorneys during trials and hearings
- Redact inadmissible portions from digitally recorded media
- Provide courtroom assistance to ensure the proper operation of media devices
- Maintain inventory of programs to open surveillance videos from private parties
- Coordinate with law enforcement agencies regarding the acquisition and production of media evidence
- Responsible for filing, storage, and maintenance of multimedia evidence
- Thorough knowledge of use of audio, video, media, and associated technology
- Skilled in the use of multi-media concepts and techniques, including design concepts, audio design, recording and editing, video recording and editing, interactive media, and interface design
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and work well under pressure
- Must be able to exhibit creativity and technical understanding in production of multimedia and other work products
- Associates or higher degree preferred, but any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work will be considered
All positions require the candidate to:
- Fulfill the mandatory education and training requirements of the State Ethics Commission
- Become familiar with and follow the provisions of the Office Personnel Policies, particularly with regard to confidentiality, sexual harassment, drug-free workplace, and the usage of information technology resources
- Participate in trainings relevant to Office functions
- Interact in a respectful and professional manner with the public, judicial and law enforcement personnel, and office staff
- Complete work assignments in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
All full-time positions offer a State benefit package includes: medical/dental/vision insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, personal and sick leave, and paid parental leave. Payroll is bi-weekly and based on a 37.5 hour work week (normally 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). All job offers contingent upon successful completion of background check. Must relocate to Berkshire County upon acceptance. Preference given to bilingual candidates.
Berkshire District Attorney’s Office is an EEO Employer with a firm commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring practices.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to: Dina Guiel Lampiasi, Chief of Operations – Dina.GuielLampiasi@mass.gov