Online Safety Resources
This page is forever growing. Check back regularly check back to see updates!
Cyber Tip Line: This resource is for people or victims of sexual exploitations. It is run by the National for Missing and Exploited Children. This resource allows for reports of sexually explicit photos of children posted online.
Trusted Adult: This resource is for kids under 18 explaining who a trusted adult is. Unfortunately, most kids don’t feel comfortable sharing mistakes with their caregivers as they fear they will let their caregiver down. Helping kids identify trusted adults, along with having a strong relationship with your own child, provides additional resources for keeping kids safe.
Take it Down: This resource is for kids 18 and under. It allows them to anonymously submit an image they have shared of themselves that they want taken down.
Technology Resources for Caregivers:
- Common Sense Media A warehouse of entertainment and technology recommendations for caregivers.
- Netsmartz National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s general resource center. (Also check out Netsmart Kidz with your child for youth centered games, activities and more. www.netsmartzkids.org)
- Trend Micro Webinars on internet safety, safe gaming, other virtual activities and resources guides
- Thorn Free caregiver resources for safety information on apps, gaming, chats and other activities
- Bark Blog & Bark Parent Guides Blogs about general online safety and tech guides for safety control settings, security tips and device safety
- NoFiltr Powered by Thorn, this is a youth-centered online resources for kids.
Drug and Vaping Information for Caregivers
- Know the Risks: E-Cigarettes & Youth Adults The Surgeon General’s user friendly informational page on the negative effects of e-cigarettes on youth
- Talking to Teens About E-Cigarettes A PDF guide for how to talk to teens about the dangers of e-cigarettes
- Youth.Gov Opioids A basic guide to what opioids are, signs and symptoms of usage and talking tips.
- NIH.Gov Parent Conversation Information on how to talk to youth about drugs AND how to seek help.