Collaboration with Law Enforcement
District Attorney Shugrue values the relationship between his office and law enforcement. DA Shugrue partners with both state and local law enforcement agencies. Once an arrest is made, the District Attorney’s Office works with law enforcement as they progress through an investigation to determine if the office will prosecute.
The District Attorney’s Office works in conjunction with the Berkshire County Law Enforcement Task Force, also known as the “Crime Task Force.” This task force focuses on the interception and disruption of drug and illegal firearm trafficking. In addition, the Task Force identifies and monitors drug trends in Berkshire County.
- Berkshire County State Police Detective Unit
- Berkshire County Sheriff’s Department led by Sheriff Thomas Bowler
- MA State Police Computer Crimes Unit
- Berkshire County’s 13 Full Time Police Departments
- US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
- US Drug Enforcement Administration
- The Violent Fugitive Apprehension Unit (MA State Police)