The District Attorney’s Office of Berkshire County works to provide a safer community through proactive community involvement and education while also prosecuting habitual and violent criminal offenders.
The Berkshire District Attorney’s Office is unequivocally committed to:
- Delivering equal justice for all residents of Berkshire County regardless of national origin, race, color, religion, disability, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation and familial status.
- Involving the community through proactive programs that educate citizens and help individuals avoid criminal involvement including statutory diversion programs like drugs, mental health, and veterans programs.
- Prosecuting those that harm our community including career criminals, gang members, individuals possessing illegal firearms, drug traffickers, and perpetrators of domestic violence.
- Fighting for justice on behalf of those victimized by sex crimes, domestic violence, exploitation, and child abuse.
- Partnering with law enforcement, social services, and the public to promote aggressive crime-prevention strategies.
- Advocating for local businesses that have been victims of theft and larceny.